NATIONAL PARK SERVICE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE:
NOTICE OF INTENT TO AWARD This announcement is not a request for applications.
This announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service’s intention to award a task agreement under a previously competed or single source
justified master cooperative agreement.
P15AC00031 ABSTRACT Funding Announcement Number P17AC00373 Project Title Conservation Crew for Exit Glacier Area Trails Projects Kenai Fjords National Park Recipient Student Conservation Association Anticipated Federal Funding $33,86 3. 43 Non-federal Cost Share $11,28 7. 81 Anticipated Period of Performance 7/02/2017 – 7/30/2017 Award Instrument Task Agreement Statutory Authority 16 USC 1723 (c)(1) CFDA # and Title 1 5. 931 Point of Contact James Cato ARTICLE I – BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES Cooperative Agreement Number P15AC00031 was entered into by and between the Department of the Interior, National Park Service, (NPS), and Student Conservation Association (SCA) for the purpose of Conservation Crew Projects.
Unless otherwise specified herein, the terms and conditions as stated in the Cooperative Agreement will apply to this Task Agreement.
SCA Position Numbers:
PO-00722772 Cyclic Brushing Harding Icefield Trail KEFJ The objective of this Task Agreement is to support and stimulate education and training opportunities for young adults through collaborative participation in trail maintenance projects in the Exit Glacier Area of Kenai Fjords National Park.
ARTICLE II – LEGAL AUTHORITY 16 USC 1723 (c), Public Lands Corps, authorizes the Secretary to enter into contracts and cooperative agreements with any qualified youth or conservation corps to perform appropriate conservation projects referred to in subsection (d) of section 172 3. The Secretary may also authorize appropriate conservation projects and other appropriate projects to be carried out on Federal, State, Local, or private lands as part of disaster prevention or relief efforts in response to and emergency or major disaster declared by the President under the Robert T.
Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (42 U.S.C.
5121 et seq.).
ARTICLE III – STATEMENT OF WORK This task agreement specifies a partnership project between the NPS and the Student Conservation Association which involves placement of a youth crew at Kenai Fjords National Park to participate in the park’s conservation programs.
The project to be carried out is that Trail Rehabilitation.
This project will provide the youth crew with a variety of skills preparing them for future employment in conservation fields.
This group of students will receive training in trail maintenance and outdoor safety.
Bear spray training will be provided as well as understanding camping in bear country.
Other skills to be developed:
• Learning to rehabilitate Exit Glacier Area trails • Learning maintenance and edging of campground, and picnic areas.
• Learning proper pruning and removal of vegetation • Learning to repair and maintain structures in these areas such as bridges, water bars, steps, tables, benches, etc.
SCA agrees to:
1. To assist with recruitment and selection of selected candidates as Conservation Associates to participate in the activities described in the above Scope of Work.
2. To provide for transportation to and from Kenai Fjords National Park and subsistence during the period of performance.
3. To provide living allowance, insurance, and Americorps awards (when applicable).
NPS agrees to:
1. To provide financial assistance in the amount of $33,86 3. 43 2. To provide general orientation to park operations, NPS mission, and safety training.
3. To provide a NPS technical representative, CJ Rea, to be on-site to assist with specifics of the project as needed.
4. To provide a camping area for the SCA volunteers.
5. To provide all necessary equipment and supplies applicable for the project.
Both parties agree:
That no change in financial assistance amount, term of project, SCA participant (including backfilling), or any other provision of this task agreement shall take place without the execution of a written modification documenting the change(s) signed by the Financial Agreements Officer.
NPS did not solicit full and open competition for this award based the following criteria: