The Department of Veterans Affairs strives for excellence in patient care and veteran's benefits for its constituents through high quality, prompt and seamless service to United States veterans.
Uses and Use Restrictions
All services provided to eligible recipients for VHA Outpatient Mental Health Care.
This includes the Individual and Group Mental Health Clinics, MH Homeless Clinic, PTSD Clinics, Psychosocial Clinics, Substance Abuse Clinics, HUD/VASH (Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing) clinics and MH Community Outreach clinics.
38 USC 1705: patient enrollment system
Text contains those laws in effect on December 1, 2013
From Title 38-VETERANS" BENEFITS
PART II-GENERAL BENEFITS
CHAPTER 17-HOSPITAL, NURSING HOME, DOMICILIARY, AND MEDICAL CARE
Management of health care: patient enrollment system
(a) In managing the provision of hospital care and medical services under section 1710(a) of this title, the Secretary, in accordance with regulations the Secretary shall prescribe, shall establish and operate a system of annual patient enrollment.
The Secretary shall manage the enrollment of veterans in accordance with the following priorities, in the order listed:
(1) Veterans with service-connected disabilities rated 50 percent or greater.
(2) Veterans with service-connected disabilities rated 30 percent or 40 percent.
(3) Veterans who are former prisoners of war or who were awarded the Purple Heart, veterans who were awarded the medal of honor under section 3741, 6241, or 8741 of title 10 or section 491 of title 14, veterans with service-connected disabilities rated 10 percent or 20 percent, and veterans described in subparagraphs (B) and (C) of section 1710(a)(2) of this title.
(4) Veterans who are in receipt of increased pension based on a need of regular aid and attendance or by reason of being permanently housebound and other veterans who are catastrophically disabled.
(5) Veterans not covered by paragraphs (1) through (4) who are unable to defray the expenses of necessary care as determined under section 1722(a) of this title.
(6) All other veterans eligible for hospital care, medical services, and nursing home care under section 1710(a)(2) of this title.
Veterans are eligible for services under Title 38 USC 1705: Management of health care: patient enrollment system.
No Credentials or documentation are required. This program is excluded from coverage under OMB Circular No. A-87.
Aplication and Award Process
Preapplication coordination is not applicable.
Environmental impact information is not required for this program.
This program is excluded from coverage under E.O.
This program is excluded from coverage under OMB Circular No. A-102. This program is excluded from coverage under OMB Circular No. A-110. VHA Office of Policy and Planning (10P1A) identifies beneficiaries. The Decision Support System (DSS) Managerial Cost Accounting System identifies the costs of the relevant services to specific patients. VHA Allocation Resource Center (10A3B) merges the patient costs and the beneficiaries.
VHA Office of Policy and Planning (10P1A) identifies beneficiaries. The Decision Support System (DSS) Managerial Cost Accounting System identifies the costs of the relevant services to specific patients. VHA Allocation Resource Center (10A3B) merges the patient costs and the beneficiaries.
Caregivers and Veterans Omnibus Health Services Act of 2010, Public Law 111-63, 38 U.S.C 17.
Range of Approval/Disapproval Time
Formula and Matching Requirements
Statutory formulas are not applicable to this program.
Matching requirements are not applicable to this program.
MOE requirements are not applicable to this program.
Length and Time Phasing of Assistance
Services provided during the Fiscal Year. Method of awarding/releasing assistance: lump sum.
Post Assistance Requirements
No Data Available.
(Direct Payments for Specified Use) FY 13 Not Available; FY 14 Estimate Not Available; and FY 15 Estimate Not Available - The costs will be obligations. The majority of funds come from the Medical Services Appropriation (0160), however the Medical Support and Compliance (0152), Medical Facilities (0162) appropriations will count as well as the Federal Health Care Center (0169) appropriation where appropriate.
Range and Average of Financial Assistance
According to the cost of the services.
Regulations, Guidelines, and Literature
Regional or Local Office
See Regional Agency Offices. Stephen Kendall, Director Allocation Resource Center; 100 Grandview Rd Suite 114 Braintree, MA 02184; (781) 849-1837 fax (781)849-0306; email Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michelle Staton 100 Grandview Road, Suite 114, Braintree, Massachusetts 02184 Email: email@example.com Phone: 781-849-1837 Fax: 781-849-0306
Criteria for Selecting Proposals
Several British colleges and universities have embraced social entrepreneurship in their curriculum. Pathik Pathak at Southampton have introduced n interdisciplinary module in Social Enterprise, which is open to students of all year groups and across all disciplines.