The Bureau of Reclamation (Reclamation) intends to issue a grant agreement to The Nature Conservancy under the authority of Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) 1 5. 508, Public Law 108-7 (a)(b), Consolidated Appropriations Resolution & Public Law 113-79 Title II, Section 2507, (a)(3)(B),
Estimated total amount of agreement is $5,332,11 2. 00 Reclamation is providing $5,332,11 2. 00 in Fiscal Year 201 7. The objectives of the project are to:
(1) Provide research information on the benefit to land and water managers of prioritizing land management practices, primarily forest hazardous fuels reduction to protect the Truckee River and Pyramid Lake habitat resources.
(2) Conduct research to inform strategic planning for Truckee River watershed managers and stakeholders, and demonstrate the indicated restoration activities and public/private partnerships.
(3) Provide maintenance to the restoration demonstration sites in order to promote ecosystem health for habitat resources and protection of fish, wildlife, and habitat resources through applicable management activities at the Independence Lake Preserve and the Lower Truckee River restoration sites.
(4) Assess the potential for high intensity wildfire in the Truckee River watershed and quantify the impacts to water quality, through targeted restoration activities and costs.
(5) Draft a strategic plan to address current and future threats to the Truckee River and Pyramid Lake, the plan will provide guidance to The Recipient’s ongoing engagement in Truckee River watershed issues; present the plan to appropriate stakeholders, and use the plan as a platform for development of potential partnerships and agreements.
(6) Implement effective maintenance of TNC’s restoration sites to demonstrate proof of concept to stakeholders for both on-the-ground results for water quality and habitat improvements and public/private partnership arrangements for attaining those results.
(7) Utilize study and plan results, as tools to increase private investment in watershed restoration.
(Refer to the Notice of Intent to Award Announcement No.
BOR-MP-17-N005 for additional information) A Determination by the Government not to compete this proposed financial assistance based upon Departmental Manual 505 DM 2, paragraph 2. 14(B)(4) is solely within the discretion of the Government.
This notice of intent is NOT a request for competitive proposals.
Questions concerning this announcement should be directed to Crystal Oliver/Grants Management Specialist, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.