PAS La Paz invites proposals for programs that strengthen cultural, educational, professional and scientific ties between the U. S. and Bolivia through cultural and exchange programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation.
All programs must include an American cultural
element, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U. S. policy and perspectives.
Examples of PAS Grants Program programs include, but are not limited to:
• Academic and professional lectures, seminars and speaker programs; • Artistic and cultural workshops, joint performances and exhibitions; Cultural heritage conservation and preservation programs; and Professional and academic exchanges and programs.
The following types of programs are not eligible for funding:
• Programs relating to partisan political activity; • Charitable or development activities; • Construction programs; • Programs that support specific religious activities; • Fund-raising campaigns; • Lobbying for specific legislation or programs • Scientific research; • Programs intended primarily for the growth or institutional development of the organization; or • Programs that duplicate existing programs.
ELIGILIBITY INFORMATION 1. Eligible Applicants:
The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from the United States and Bolivia, from:
• Registered, not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/nongovernmental organizations with programming experience • Individuals • Non-profit or governmental educational institutions • Governmental institutions For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
2. Cost Sharing or Matching Cost sharing is not required.
3. Other Eligibility Requirements In order to be eligible to receive an award, all organizations must have a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number from Dun & Bradstreet, an NCAGE Code, as well as a valid registration on www.SAM.gov.
Please see Section C.3 for information on how to obtain these registrations.
Individuals are not required to have a DUNS number or be registered in SAM.gov.
Please see instructions for submission of applications in detail at the link provided.