The purpose of the South Carolina SNAP Recipient Trafficking Prosecution Pilot is to fund an Assistant Attorney General (AAG) in South Carolina to prosecute individuals suspected of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) recipient trafficking violations.
The goal of the pilot program
is to strengthen efforts in South Carolina in regards to trafficking prevention, detection, and prosecution in cases identified for litigation.
The South Carolina SNAP Recipient Trafficking Prosecution Pilot will track the following specific areas:
1) Number of investigations opened.
2) Number of Intentional Program Violations (IPV) that occurred.
3) Violations that occurred.
4) The number of administrative hearings scheduled, sustained, and lost.
5) The number of criminal cases pursued.