1) Economic Development Administration (EDA) - The EDA is an agency within the United States Department of Commerce that is designed to provide grants and financial assistance to economically distressed communities in an effort to help them generate new opportunities of employment, retain current and jobs and stimulate their community's commercial and industrial growth.
The Department of Commerce was initially created to manage and regulate the country's economy. The mission of the department is to "promote job creation and improved living standards for all Americans by creating an infrastructure that promotes economic growth, technological competitiveness, and sustainable development."
2) International Trade Administration (ITA) - The ITA is an agency within the United States Department of Commerce that provides grants and funding opportunities that are geared towards the promotion of exports of non-agricultural services and goods.
3) National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) - The NIST is the department operating under the DOC that awards grants in effort to foster the nation's innovation and industrial competitiveness by way of advancing measurement science, standards, and technology in a manner that will improve economic security and the people's quality of living.
4) National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA) - The NTIA is the agency that ensures that everyone has access to affordable phone and cable TV services. In addition, the agency also ensures the enforcement of the country's telecommunication policies.
5) National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) - The NOAA is the scientific agency within the Department of Commerce that ensures the management and protection of the country's oceans and atmosphere.
All of this agencies are running grants and several forms of funding opportunities. To know more about the details and specifics of such programs, you can visit http://www.commerce.gov/.
About The Author
Michael Saunders is an editor of TopGovernmentGrants.com one the the most comprehensive Websites offering information on government grants and federal government programs.
Stemming from a Kickstarter campaign, a recycled water bottle roof would provide shelter for disaster victims in light of the recent devastation caused by Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.