Alabama Housing Finance Authority
Page 2

For over 30 years of providing service and financial assistance to the people of Alabama and has already helped approximately 122,000 families in the process of finding homes they could afford.

Among all the first time homebuyer loan programs and rental programs of the AHFA are the following:

a) First Step Program - This program is the one of the most popular programs of the AHFA as it offers a 30-year, lower-than-market fixed interest rate to first-time and low- to moderate-income home buyers in the state of Alabama. The funds that are provided under this program are taken from the sale of tax-exempt mortgage revenue bonds to investors by AHFA.

b) Step Up Program - This program is a homeownership program that is designed specifically for moderate-income home buyers who can afford a mortgage, but need help covering the down payment and closing costs. This program is very much similar to the First Step Program as it also offers a 30-year, fixed-rate first mortgage.

c) Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) Program - This homeownership program can be used in conjunction with the Step Up Program and has the capacity to provide a direct dollar-for-dollar reduction in federal taxes worth 20 percent of the mortgage interest paid by the borrower each year. The remaining 80 percent of the interest will then be claimed as a tax deduction.

Alabama Housing Finance Authority
  Back to Page 1

About The Author

Iola Bonggay is an editor of TopGovernmentGrants.com one the the most comprehensive Websites offering information on government grants and federal government programs.

She also maintains Websites providing resources on environmental grants and grants for youth programs.




Additional Government Grants Resources


US Agency for International Development Announces Funding for Food and Nutrition Technical Assistance
The US Agency for International Development: Bureau of Global Health has recently announced a funding opportunity amounting to $200,000,000 in order to support the Food and Nutrition Technical Assistance (FANTA III) project.


National Estuarine Research Reserve System Land Acquisition and Construction Program
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has recently announced a funding opportunity amounting to $1,690,000 to support the National Estuarine Research Reserve System (NERRS) Land Acquisition and Construction Program.


Finding And Applying For Government Grants
According to a U.S. government website, there are $400 billion in grants currently available in over 1000 different programs. Naturally with such a huge amount finding a program that you or your comp...


United States Department of Agriculture: Rural Development
USDA Rural Development is an agency that is operating under the United States Department of Agriculture. The primary goal of the USDA RD is to assist in the improvement of the economy and quality of life in rural areas located in the United States.


Minority Business Enterprise Centers for Minority-Owned Businesses
The The Minority Business Development Agency has recently constituted the Minority Business Enterprise Centers (MBEC) Program wherein it aims to support minority-owned businesses by providing them with electronic and one-on-one business development services for a reasonably nominal fee.


Community Development Block Grant Program for Indian Tribes and Alaska Native Villages
The Office of the Assistant Secretary for Public and Indian Housing within the Department of Housing and Urban Development, has recently established a funding opportunity entitled Community Development Block Grant Program for Indian Tribes and Alaska Native Villages (ICDBG).


Distance Learning College
You might be at a crossroads in your life. You might realize that you need your Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree to land that exciting and high-paying job you have always wanted. You might rea...







Social Entrepreneurship
Spotlight



Social Enterprise Provides Fair Business


UK based human development think-tank and social enterprise, Smarter World, introduces FAIR BUSINESS, an independent international certification and brand for socially and environmentally geared organizations.





Not Ready to Buy Yet?

Find Rental Assistance Programs



Need Repairs for a Home You're Buying?

Find Out About Rehabilitation Money Available







More Federal Domestic Assistance Programs


Rural Business Opportunity Grants | CNCS Disaster Response Cooperative Agreement | Watershed Protection and Flood Prevention | Health Professions Preparatory Scholarship Program for Indians | National Park Service Centennial Challenge. |  Site Style by YAML | Grants.gov | Grants | Grants News | Sitemap | Privacy Policy


Edited by: Michael Saunders

© 2004-2022 Copyright Michael Saunders